Who am I?
I'm Don Tocher, a highly experienced freelance IT Consultant who previously worked for Synstar International (now known as Hewlett-Packard Enterprise CDS), until I left to set up Donline Computer Consultancy in February 2006.
Donline delivers professional IT support for small / medium sized businesses, home offices, & home users.
Donline specialises in bringing true enterprise class IT support to those without their own IT department, and in supplementing existing IT teams where additional skills or resources are required.
- Microsoft Windows NT4 MCSE and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- 3rd line Systems Administrator Support.
- Experienced in specification, design, build, deployment and ongoing hardware / software support of enterprise Wintel systems.
- Extensive experience of master PC & Server build / image design and development, desktop estate and user management.
- Compaq / HP Proliant models that I have designed, deployed and supported include: DL320, DL360, ML370, DL380, ML530, DL580, 4314 External RAID enclosures, and MSL5026 SDLT Library. Systems that I build and run typically include; RAID, SMP, RPSUs, RILOE / ILO, etc.
- Operating systems that I support and manage include: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT4 Server, 2000 Server, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012 R2, 2000 Professional, XP Professional, Vista Business, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro.
- Typical technologies and applications that I regularly work with include: TCP/IP (LAN and WAN) networking, MS Domains, Active Directory, Terminal Services / RDP, VNC, HP RIB / RILOE, VPN, RAS, IIS, File and Print, AntiVirus, Backup, Symantec Ghost, Console Scripting, MS Exchange.
- Previous full time roles: Running a team of 7 support staff including UNIX analysts and 2nd line application support staff, covering IT support across corporate sites the UK / Ireland, totalling approximately 1500 users. Responsibility for the desktop / laptop PC arena (5 engineers).
- Donline has established formal relationships with many of the biggest names in Information Technology. Click here for the full list.
- CRB and DBS checked to Enhanced level.
- Donline is covered by significant professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
- Donline also offers en extended range of business services through associates. These include: Bespoke Website Design, MS SQL DbA, Cisco Configuration, Workplace Environment & Performance Systems, etc. Email Donline to request further details.
- Windows NT Administration: Azlan, Nov 99, Cert
- Networking Essentials: Azlan, Dec 99, Exam Pass
- Microsoft SBS 4.5 installation & configuration: Pygmalion, Dec 99, Cert
- Windows NT Core Technologies: Azlan, March 2000, 2x MCP
- Windows NT Enterprise Technologies: Azlan, June 2000, MCP
- Win2000 Pro installation and deployment: Azlan, June 2000, Cert
- Win2000 Server installation & configuration: Azlan, June 2000, Cert
- Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0: Azlan, Sept 2000, MCP
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0: Azlan, Oct 2000, MCP
- Skills update NT4 to Win2000: Azlan, Sept 2000, Cert
- Win2000 with MOM Server: Azlan, May 2002, Cert
- CompTIA Server+: SpringIT, Sept 2004, Cert
- Servicing HP Intel Server Products: SpringIT, Oct 2004, Cert
- ITIL foundation: HP Reading, Oct 2005, Cert
- MLSS Lite: Microsoft Reading, April 2010, Cert
Skill Set (Level: advanced user, administrator or 3rd line support):
- Hardware supported (not exhaustive)
Laptop: HP, Compaq, Toshiba, Dell, IBM, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Clone
Desktop: HP, Compaq, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, Fujitsu, Clone
Server: HP, Compaq, IBM, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Clone
Networking: NICs, Hubs, Switches, Routers, Modems, RAS, Wireless, PowerLine
Printers: HP, Canon, Lexmark, Epson, Print Servers
- Operating Systems
DOS 6.22: Good
Win 3.11: Good
Win95 and 98: Extensive
NT4.0 Wstn: Extensive
NT4.0 Server: Extensive
Win2000 Pro: Extensive
Win2000 Adv Server: Extensive
Win XP Pro: Extensive and current
Win Server 2003 Std and Enterprise: Extensive
Win Server 2008 Std: Extensive and current
Win Server 2012 R2: Extensive and current
Win Vista Business: Extensive
Win 7 Pro: Extensive and current
Win 8 Pro: Extensive and current
Win 8.1 Pro: Extensive and current
Win 10 Pro: Extensive and current
Linux; Ubuntu: Good. Knoppix, Red Hat: Basic
- Business Applications Software
M/S Office: 4.3-2016 inclusive, FrontPage, Publisher, Visio
M/S IE: 2-11 (3.2 onwards - extensive), MS Edge
AntiVirus: BullGuard, McAfee, Norton / Symantec, AVG
Terminal Emulation: Reflections, HyperTerminal PE
Backup: Backup Exec 6, 7, 8, 11d. Yosemite TapeWare 7. Second Copy. LiveDrive.
- Server and Workstation design, build and configuration: hardware and software. Upgrades including CPU, memory, graphics, storage (FDD, HDD, Optical, Tape), multimedia, etc.
- Email (LAN and Internet based) configuration and administration: Windows 3.11 to date. Clients: MS Mail, Exchange client, Outlook 95-2016 inclusive / Outlook Express / Windows Live Mail / Gmail and Google Apps.
- Networking: Design and Migration of workgroups to NT4 domains and Active Directory. Specification, sizing and build of servers, workstations and notebook PCs. software and peripherals. Implementation of and administration of M/S Terminal Services, RAS, WINS, DHCP, DDNS, Proxy Server, SMS, Scripting.
- I have significant experience of BS5750/ISO9000 quality, ITIL best practice, and BS7799 security systems, having set up processes and schemes for these schemes. I have excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
Donline is the friendly, professional IT service based in Denmead, Hants.
For assistance with all of your IT requirements; hardware, software or support - contact Donline:
Donline Computer Consultancy Ltd
C/O AIMS Accountants
3 Bank Buildings
149 High Street
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number: 6311933
AIMS Accountants for Business